Most states require that their teachers and other educators acquire a Masters Degree in Education within a few years of their employment as professionals. These advanced educational degrees provide great opportunities for bachelor’s degree holders to obtain the additional skills, experiences, and qualifications that are necessary for them to properly educate, advise, and mentor in their communities.
The Masters Degree in Education is completed in one to two years, and it includes courses such as Educational Neuroscience, Informal Learning for Children, Philosophy of Education, and Systemic Reform in Urban School Districts and Schools. Upon the completion of programs for this degree, graduates are rewarded with enhanced career stability and possible salaries of up to $100,000 or more per year as school superintendents and professors. Around the country, there are many reputable colleges and universities that offer campus-style and/or online Masters Degree in Education programs to candidates who have already acquired at least a bachelor’s degree.
How to Find the Top Masters Degree in Education Programs
From accreditation to learning style, there are many attributes that potential students seek when researching schools that offer the best Masters Degree in Education programs. In general, accreditation, reputability, and comprehensiveness are the most important aspects of any Masters Degree in Education program.
Some individuals desire to pursue this degree through one of the top Online Masters Degree in Education programs, which are usually more convenient and flexible than traditional, campus-based programs. Whether online or campus-based, there are many exceptional schools that offer Masters Degree in Education programs to qualified applicants. A few of those top schools and their academic offerings are described below.
1. Columbia University: Columbia University includes a Masters Degree in Education program in its academic offerings that is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education. The tuition cost for this Masters Degree in Education program is $1,231 per credit hour for both full and part-time students.
2. Harvard University: Harvard University is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, and it is ranked as one of the best schools for education by U.S. News and World Report. A Masters Degree in Education program is offered to applicants who obtain a bachelor’s degree, and it takes one year to complete. The cost of this program is $38,480.
3. California State University at East Bay: This school is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, and it offers one of the best online Masters in Education Degree programs to applicants who already possess a bachelor’s degree. The cost of this program is very affordable at $10,980.
Careers and Salaries for Someone with a Masters Degree in Education
Towns and cities around the world are always in need of quality, Masters Degree in Education professionals who have been trained to enhance the learning capabilities of students both young and old. All of the occupations reviewed below represent some of the top job opportunities that are available to professionals in the growing field of education.
1. School Counselors and Psychologists: Schools Counselors and Psychologists provide important support services for students who are being bullied, dealing with family issues, and/or need assistance in applying for college. These professionals earn around $72,000 per year.
2. College Professors: College Professors occupy some of the most desirable Master’s in Education Degree careers. They are essential to the field of education because they instruct students on how to become potential teachers. Depending on the school where they are employed, College Professors make between $50,000 and $100,000 per year.
3. Educational Consultants: Educational Consultants work for schools, the military, and businesses everywhere, and they provide career counseling and educational counseling services to employees in those areas. Educational Consultants enjoy satisfying salaries of around $83,000 per year.
4. High School Superintendents: High School Superintendents have many responsibilities, which include overseeing employment procedures, enforcing school rules and regulations, coordinating extracurricular and athletic activities, and other administrative tasks. They possess some of the most desirable Masters Degree in Education salaries of around $125,000 per year.
5. Educational Policy Directors: These professionals work for local, state, and national governments, and their main duty is to establish educational criteria and laws. Educational Policy Directors make between $45,000 and $130,000 per year.
Many individuals who have obtained an undergraduate degree recognize the vast benefits that arise from pursuing graduate degrees from an accredited college or university. Without a doubt, one of the best of those graduate degrees is the Masters Degree in Education, which provides its graduates with enviable salaries and career stability in a field that will continue to grow up to 20% for years to come.